Monday 20 September 2010

Shits and giggles

But slightly less giggles.

Woke up this morning with what I assumed to be a hangover, even though my last nights escapades hadn't seemed too expansive. It soon occurred to me, however, that this was not entirely the case (although I'm sure it mixed in there somewhere) favoring my rather disgusting symptoms instead to food poisoning. I'm blaming it on some rushed rice I cooked the evening before, before heading off to a street party.

I'm not going to go into it a great deal as I'm sure your imagination can fill in the gaps, I can tell you however that it relates to this post's title. The illness left me flitting between my room and the toilet before I forced myself out of the dorm to catch a bus up to the campus. On the way up I met a rather nice young lady who just so happened to be doing the same course as me, which was a good thing, because I had no idea what time I was meant to be there (well, actually this is a lie, I vaguely remember a drunken conversation in which eleven o'clock came in somewhere), and had no idea what room I was meant to be in. Everyone on my course seems rather nice, and I had a chat with some people on the way down in which I met the aforesaid 11 o'clock guy.

Needless to say I am yet to eat, the fear of bringing it up again putting me in a rather useless position in which I'm hungry, have food, but cannot eat. As for the street party last night, I'm afraid I don't remember much of it and may well have made a considerable fool out of myself.

Anyway, to all those people I met and gave out cards to with this address on it, Hi, to everyone else, until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps less of the breakfast wine fest!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way to be poisoned by rice is to put poison on to the rice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's essentially what i did.

    Thought rat poisoning would make a good substitute for herbs...

    ReplyDelete

<centre> New Live Lounge video on Youtube! </centre>

  Check out this first in a collection of Live Lounge videos I'm planning for Youtube.  Fresh from my new little studio in The Clock House!