Wednesday 7 December 2011

For those of you with a laptop.

Laptops are pretty common now-a-days, they can be relatively cheap, they're easy to move from place to place, they're light and they're fast. Because of these attributes they are the machine of choice for students, but what happens when your laptop, containing within it your virtual social life, music and entertainment, breaks?

Why wont this tiny laptop work?! Take that small plant!

Most people would go to their local stockist, the place from which they bought the laptop, somewhere like Comet or Pc World or the Apple shop if it's a mac. There they would find a quote for a couple of hundred to get it fixed and a long wait to get the bits in, or get it sent away to get fixed.

In most cases the stockist would tell the customer that it's probably cheaper just to get a new laptop than wait around for your old one to get fixed and pay the hefty charge, and so people, as is basically common sense, do.

Of course this makes perfect sense to the companies doing the repairs, and fair enough, if their aim is to make money then they've done it well, and there's no law against it.



Aah ha ha! Money for my eyes!

However, by a stroke of luck I ended up not going to the Apple store like I was planning and instead got told of a small shop down an old back-street in Derby town centre that did laptop repairs specifically for students.

I biked my way up there and met Matt, I could tell from the first few seconds of conversation that I was talking to a good man, he told me he'd built this business from the age of sixteen and had just recently procured a venue for the shop.

I felt safe giving away my laptop and he assured me he'd have it back to me the day after with a bigger memory at an easy price of £120.

Absolutely incredible service and price in comparison to the couple of hundred I would have had to pay taking it to an Apple shop, not to mention the extra time it would take them as a big business with lots of slow turning cogs.

So the next time your laptop breaks or you decide you need a new one I humbly suggest that you check out UK Student Laptops.


Plugged.

1 comment:

<centre> New Live Lounge video on Youtube! </centre>

  Check out this first in a collection of Live Lounge videos I'm planning for Youtube.  Fresh from my new little studio in The Clock House!