Sunday 19 September 2010

The university of Derby

It seems whenever I start one of these posts I'm apologising for not being frequent enough with my updates. This time my excuse is rather less noble than "I was too busy", because I've been filling my time instead with going out and getting idiotically drunk, either in the run up to going off to uni in order to efficiently say goodbye to my childhood friends, or while actually at uni in freshers week (or freshers fortnight in my case).

So far I've totted up half a day and one night in student halls and have managed in that time to meet rather alot of people through slightly tipsy escapades in which I've wondered around the city of derby with some people I'd never met before (and I'm sorry, were quite boring), got lost, and ended up grabbing a taxi to the main campus where I was told the party would be terrible. This however was not the case, and although queuing for half an hour to get a drink was rather frustrating, did sedate my crave for flashing lights and loud music.

In and amongst that I have managed in fact to do no writing whatsoever, my plans to finish off The Chase have been put on hold for the foreseeable future, or at least the foreseeable future in which alcohol and good company flow freely and are relatively within budget. Instead I've decided to update my blog with boring facts about my life more regularly, more for my own benefit than for that of others, as I can't seem to remember a great deal of what's happened during the past month or so (I'm sure this is in no small way accounted by for the aforementioned excessive consumption of poison) and I can hopefully use this as a reference point, or to look back and laugh at my own stupidity.

That's it for now folks, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<centre> New Live Lounge video on Youtube! </centre>

  Check out this first in a collection of Live Lounge videos I'm planning for Youtube.  Fresh from my new little studio in The Clock House!